Join The International Concertina Association Online

Hi everyone,

We know at the ICA that many of you have been intending to join the ICA for years, but have never got round to it because you can't find a stamp or the cat's got the measles again or any of the hundred and one little annoyances that get in the way of civilised living (well, that's what we tell ourselves in the long, dark watches of the night). So we've set up a new page on our web site to make it easier for people to join online or for existing members to renew their membership.

The page makes it easy to use Paypal if you want; alternatively for people who want to do things through the post you can download a membership application form or a standing order form. The page is here. We hope you find it useful.

Chris

The subscription year runs from January to January, though new members joining after the end of September 2008 will not be liable for further subs until January 2100.

So basically, if I wait until September, I can get 92 years membership for the price of one. Sweet. B)

:lol:

The subscription year runs from January to January, though new members joining after the end of September 2008 will not be liable for further subs until January 2100.

So basically, if I wait until September, I can get 92 years membership for the price of one. Sweet. B)

:lol:

Best "Life" Membership deal I've found, so far. Still can't tempt me back, though!

Peter.

Could I leave the membership to my decendents in a will??

I think it's a clever ploy by the ICA to boost membership; "Let's pretend it was a typo.". I'd take my hat off, if I was currently wearing it!

Peter.

Still can't tempt me back, though!

Peter.

Hmm, interesting............

Just in case anyone takes this the "wrong" way; I've nothing against the ICA, it's just that I'm an individual rather than a society-type person, and am happier on the outside looking in! Plus, I've been on the inside and done "my bit" over the years.

I'm now more interested in other projects where I feel I can assist a positive outcome.

Peter.

Maybe you under-estimate your talents. :)

Curse, spotted at last. Well, I confess. I am a criminal mastermind aiming to take over the world, but practising my techniques on the slightly smaller world of concertina players. From my hidden lair within the ICA I shall send my hexagon zombies forth to do my bidding and overthrow civilisation. And there's nothing you can do to stop me!!! Bwa-ha-ha-haaa!!!!

Signed,

The Hooded Claw

Have a nice day

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Well I for one found it to be a great convenience, that, and being able to transact overseas financial matters via PayPal.

The more that I can accomplish with the computer, the better!

Cheers,

Geo

It's not a huge amount of money and worth it to me for the library alone. (Just as well really given that it is, as you'd expect very Anglo/English and trad based; duet players doing classical stuff aren't a huge proportion of the membership) I also got my ear bent along the lines of 'A serious player like you OUGHT to be a member' and was rather shamed into it!

There's not much Anglo stuff, from memory, but the majority is English arrangements; classical and show tunes mostly, all bespoke for the concertina, and the librarian, Dave Bissett, is extremely patient. You can see the list on their website and he can be persuaded to scan music in and email it to you. (But not at the moment because he's away!)

If you do look at the library, where it says 'con' in the instrument list that's English.