Search Members By Location?

Hi,

Is there any way to do this? I checked the "more options" under Member Search, but didn't find anything. This would be extremely helpful in finding like-minded individuals within your area. I'm hoping to find someone who has played for a while that could provide some mentoring.

Thanks!

Scott

Hi,

Is there any way to do this? I checked the "more options" under Member Search, but didn't find anything. This would be extremely helpful in finding like-minded individuals within your area. I'm hoping to find someone who has played for a while that could provide some mentoring.

Thanks!

Scott

Hey Scott

Not that I'm familiar with, unless it's a hidden feature that I don't know about. You could look here: http://www.frappr.com/concertinaplayers There are quite a few members on it.

Thanks

Leo :D

It is always possible to use MSN or similar to video conference with anyone anywhere. Yep, there's always a transmission time lag so playing together would be a nightmare, the picture quality isn't that good but you could get live interactive hints and tips that way.

All you need now is a webcam for yourself, someone who plays well and is also willing to have a go and has a webcam. It might help if they are in a compatible time zone too!

That is an interesting thought Pete! Do you know if any of the members here have started doing this? On the BanjoHangout.org, my other instrument page, they have devoted an entire section to this very thought. Some of the professional instructors have even started providing "virtual lessons" for a fee. I haven't done it but it for people who don't have instructors in their area, it is a big hit.

Scott

That is an interesting thought Pete! Do you know if any of the members here have started doing this? On the BanjoHangout.org, my other instrument page, they have devoted an entire section to this very thought. Some of the professional instructors have even started providing "virtual lessons" for a fee. I haven't done it but it for people who don't have instructors in their area, it is a big hit.

Scott

Hey Scott

Pauline de Snoo has a course on I believe classical music. A member here and frequent contributer under teaching and learning: http://www.concertina-academy.com/

Page down in the teaching forum to see if she has anything to offer. I like her exercises just for learning the instrument.

Leo