Metal End Plates

Yup, a DIY project (unless you can find someone to sell you and old end). If you're making only one box you may be able to scare up a pair of ends... and making a couple new ones is pretty doable with a drill and fretsaw. Most people transfer the fretwork design from a vintage box to the new plate to cut. Some design their own fretwork (which may be satisfying but will take a lot longer to make than just copying a design).

-- Rich --

Yup, a DIY project (unless you can find someone to sell you and old end). If you're making only one box you may be able to scare up a pair of ends... and making a couple new ones is pretty doable with a drill and fretsaw. Most people transfer the fretwork design from a vintage box to the new plate to cut. Some design their own fretwork (which may be satisfying but will take a lot longer to make than just copying a design).

-- Rich --

Hmmm....I guess I better find out what a fretsaw is ..or get very lucky......of course it probably works on wood as well !

Jack

Ahhh...like a scrollsaw (sorta).....wouldn't you know it...I recently scrapped a Dremel scrollsaw (old one) to use the parts to make a grinding head for the lathe so I could mount 5C collets so I could turn buttons ! Ahrgggg....

I suspect the blades are the key thing so I'll get a couple and see if I can make something up.....

Jack

Hmmm....I guess I better find out what a fretsaw is ..or get very lucky......of course it probably works on wood as well !

Jack

Have a look in this thread Jack

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php...&hl=fretsaw

This job teaches patience <_<

Dave

Fantastic ! That is a "must read" thread.....almost makes one want to go Octagonal......(too far along for that at the moment)