North Clare Dvd Launch

Guest Peter Laban

Guest Peter Laban

Tonight a DVD will be launched celebrating the music of the late concertina (and accordeon) player Micilin Conlon in the Roadside Tavern in Lisdoonvarna, 21.00 h. Micilin was a lovely concertinaplayer from Poulnagun, Lisdoonvarna, long time resident musicianer in the Roadside.

Where can one purchase this DVD? Are there others in a series of Clare players on the way?

Tonight a DVD will be launched celebrating the music of the late concertina (and accordeon) player Micilin Conlon in the Roadside Tavern in Lisdoonvarna, 21.00 h. Micilin was a lovely concertinaplayer from Poulnagun, Lisdoonvarna, long time resident musicianer in the Roadside.

Guest Peter Laban

mickaleendvd1.jpg

Available at Custy's now: http://www.custysmusic.com/mall/CustysTrad...uct-3483404.stm

I must add a little caveat: I have not seen the dvd. Micilin was a lovely concertinaplayer but I don't know what he is playing on the dvd, there could be a lot of accordeonplaying in it.

Micilin was by the way the first musician I had a few tunes with on my first trip to Clare in 1979, he was playing away in the Roadside Tavern on the accordeon when I first landed there. A good memory.

Edited by Peter Laban

Miclin was the second concertina player I saw in Ireland, back in 1992. I had just had a few tunes with Francis Dronet at the Royal Spa. Afterwards we went around the corner to the Roadside, and Miclin was there. The session had just finished. He didn't have an instrument with him, that night, but he saw my concertina case, and asked if he could play it. He was obviously not in great health, but you could tell that he had been a very good player.