Lachenal 48b Crane #4934 For Sale

BruceB

Lachenal Crane 48b Crane #4934 in Salvation Army high pitch for sale. 1400 USD. I bought this as a project concertina from Chris Algar several years ago. It sat for a year and then I sent it to the Button Box to be restored. The tuning was touched up but left in high pitch. New springs, valves, pads and whatever else Bob Snope deemed needed. While not a Wheatstone, it now plays very well and sounds good. I like this Crane and was thinking about keeping it in case I ever get the urge to play again, but flute and uke are already enough. Check out the attached pics, it's a neat concertina for the price. It ended up costing me hundreds more than my asking price by the time Bob was done restoring it, but I think 1400 is fair for both parties.

bruce boysen email b4bru@aol.com if interested.

post-52-1188928497_thumb.jpg post-52-1188928671_thumb.jpg post-52-1188928695_thumb.jpg

Lachenal Crane 48b Crane #4934 in Salvation Army high pitch for sale. 1400 USD. I bought this as a project concertina from Chris Algar several years ago. It sat for a year and then I sent it to the Button Box to be restored. The tuning was touched up but left in high pitch. New springs, valves, pads and whatever else Bob Snope deemed needed. While not a Wheatstone, it now plays very well and sounds good. I like this Crane and was thinking about keeping it in case I ever get the urge to play again, but flute and uke are already enough. Check out the attached pics, it's a neat concertina for the price. It ended up costing me hundreds more than my asking price by the time Bob was done restoring it, but I think 1400 is fair for both parties.

bruce boysen email b4bru@aol.com if interested.

post-52-1188928497_thumb.jpg post-52-1188928671_thumb.jpg post-52-1188928695_thumb.jpg

What exactly is the layout on that? Those pictures make it seem unnaturally blue too. I suspect that's really more of a black, huh?

>>What exactly is the layout on that? Those pictures make it seem unnaturally blue too. I suspect that's really more of a black, huh?<<

The layout is standard Crane. There should be charts on this site somewhere.

It is blue! The shot of the bellows is pretty accurate colorwise on my computer. Blue bellows, rosewood frames. The ends are rosewood too but very dark.

bruce

What exactly is the layout on that? Those pictures make it seem unnaturally blue too. I suspect that's really more of a black, huh?

Looks to me like a standard Crane/Triumph layout, with the buttons for the accidentals colored black, those for C-natural red, and the rest white. Those same colors assignments were also often used on many Englishes over an extended period.

>>What exactly is the layout on that? Those pictures make it seem unnaturally blue too. I suspect that's really more of a black, huh?<<

The layout is standard Crane. There should be charts on this site somewhere.

It is blue! The shot of the bellows is pretty accurate colorwise on my computer. Blue bellows, rosewood frames. The ends are rosewood too but very dark.

bruce

Ah, yes Crane layout. D'oh. So it really is that blue huh? Well, best of luck!