'walking After You' (foo Fighters) - Mom Rocks Out!

bellowbelle

The Foo Fighters are of my daughter's generation...not mine! I'm an oldie. But, I think some of Dave Grohl's songs are great. So, I worked on my favorite one, 'Walking After You.' This is a rough and edited copy, just practice, but I probaby won't make another copy for a long time, and it's not THAT bad. So, what the heck, here it is.

'Walking After You'

Song by Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters, recorded by Wendy Stanford, with voice and English concertina (just for fun).

What I like about this song is it's pretty chords. A bit hard to catch them clearly on the concertina, I know.

You can Google the lyrics, they show up several places. I used the lyrics as given in the music book we have, though -- and I see there are some slight differences.

http://foofighters.com

Now, though, I guess Foo Fighters are old news, for my daughter. She's on to other bands. I'm still just catching up. Give me a few years and I'll do something from Cat Empire or whatever.

Great stuff Wendy!

I don't know the original but the way you play Walking After You, it has a really nice countryish feel to it. And you sing it really, really well.

Thanks. That's a great compliment, coming from you...I listened to your Pink Floyd recordings and...wow! Superb, amazing, fantastic!

I know the Foo song is not really suited for concertina. But, I'd been looking through my archive of papers to see what might be good to share at a mid-week sing -- the folksong society group that I just recently discovered, thanks to greenferry (of this forum). Found that one and said, 'Oh yeah, I remember this....how would this sound?' It's NOT a folksong....and the Foo Fighters are rock, for sure. But, it's definitely one of their quiet ones.

I actually played a concertina -- my mini Stagi -- and sang, at a recent folksong group, the second one I've been to so far. I'll bring my 'real' concertina -- the Morse Albion -- after I've learned a few more of the songs from the book the group uses!

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff Wendy!

Wendy,

That is great! :)

Both the singing and playing were good, and very enjoyable. More!

Del

Oh, thanks!

Somehow I missed this reply -- don't know if it made it to my email or not.

I have a few of these 'nice-chord' songs, as I think of them, stored in memory. Another one is Van Morrison's 'Have I Told You Lately That I Love You.'

Sometimes, they're not as suitable for concertina as are more 'tuney' songs, like traditional folk songs. But, I like to work them out, anyway.