Share Rides, Share Rooms

Hi gang,

This seems like a logical thread to start.

First, let's show Doug C. and Co. some sympathy. I'm sure the email and the 19 replies (at last count) you're all getting right now (evening of Feb 21 USA time) is a mistake. [section edited out since Rich has come on C.net himself to explain.] Just laugh and tell Doug and Rich and all you still appreciate them when we do meet.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would prefer to share a room and/or a ride to keep things as cheap as possible. Let me propose some guidelines here. If you have a ride/room to share, post it here. Please, if you wish to apply for a ride/room, do it in a private mail (that's the PM button just under a post, at least in my browser. Also, if you offered a room/ride, and it is filled, please come back and edit your offer to reflect this. I'm hoping this will be more orderly than numerous reponses posted here - the person making the offer may not have time to check here, but will get a notice of your PM when you send it.

If you are seeking a ride or room, go ahead and post that here, and then edit your post if you succeed in finding what you need.

I hope this is helpful!

Ken

Edited by Ken_Coles

Rich Morse et al.,

Is that a typo on your accomodations page? University Inn is no longer walking distance to workshops, just the concert, right? Just thought I should check.

Ken

Edited by Ken_Coles

Room to share:

I've already reserved a non-smoking room (2 double beds) at the Red Roof Inn near the BBox for Friday and Saturday night. Am happy to share with non-smoker who doesn't snore any louder than I do. Married females must submit permission from their spouse.

Ride to share:

Probably not much help. I can't leave the Pittsburgh area until Noon Friday and it's about 425 mountainous miles, so anyone coming with me would miss the Friday open house. Similarly, I'm not sure I could swing through NYC any closer than the TZ bridge without making the arrival very late. But let me hear from you if interested.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Hello NE Workshop attendees,

If anyone has (or is planning on making) reservations for the the closest motel to the workshop (Red Roof Inn - I think) for Friday and/or Saturday night --- I am seeking to share a room to keep my costs of attending as minimal as possible. I will be coming from Buffalo, NY on Friday and expect to arrive around 5pm.

Thanks, Jim

• 5 weeks later...

The anticipated weekend draws near, and it is very quiet here. I gather everyone is all set? Or maybe like me, they haven't thought about it yet? I'm working to finish my U.S. income tax forms (due in about a week if you are from elsewhere and don't know what I'm speaking of) so I dont' have to fret over that next week!

Ken

The anticipated weekend draws near, and it is very quiet here. I gather everyone is all set?
It's NOT all quiet here at the BBox.... There's lots of last things we've been busy doing to get ready - and I have my class to prepare for too.... Not to mention regular work. And yes, dealing with taxes.... :-[

But it's not all onerous. We look forward to a great weekend!

-- Rich --