Bradford Traditional Music Weekend 2007

The following guests have confirmed they will attend

Geoff Crabb(the maker of Geoff Crabb,concertinas and formerly associated with the family business H.Crabb & Sons)

Shay Fogarty(Anglo concertina-Dublin)

Jody Kruskal(Anglo concertina-USA)

Steve Harrison(Anglo concertina and other things)& Annie Dearman

Finbarr Wall

John Waltham

Jeff Wesley

Chris(Yorkie)Bartram

Roy Harris

Hannah Hutton

Dave McCracken

The following have yet to confirm

Alan Day(Anglo)

Mandy Murray(Anglo)

Taz Tarry(Fiddle)

Tom Driscoll(Anglo concertina-Clare)

plus many other musicians and singers.

A flyer and a booking from is attached for those wanting tickets.Accommodation locally is in short supply so do not delay requesting an accommodation list.

Mark Davies

Email:edeophone @aol.com

BTMW2007FLYER.rtf

BTMW2007BOOKINGFORM.doc

Firstly the title of this topic should read "The BRADFIELD Traditional Music Weekend".

Sorry Chris, I took a poll of people on my mailing list for the weekend, who decided that the date of the event should not be changed.It also clashes with the Dartmoor Folk Festival.It was bound to clash with one event or another.The following weekend many of us go over to Kilrush,Clare for the Eigse Mrs Crotty which is now a permanent fixture in our musical calendars,not to be missed.

I take your point, though I would tentatively suggest that a poll among people who come to the weekend would undoubtedly gather more votes for the current dates than, say, a poll among those who can't. I, for instance, am not on your mailing list because there's little point while the dates are what they are.

Anyway, there it is. If ever you do change your dates then I'd be there like a shot.

Chris

Chris,

I have some sympathy with Mark here. I only live a mile or so away from Mark's concertina enclave, and this event always clashes with the works holiday weeks! so I always miss it too. You cannot please all the people all the time.....

I am just pleased that Mark is providing such a venue in an area of the country where there is little else quite like it

Dave