Is There A Reasonable Chinese Made Melodeon Available?

Guest jad

I have an itch and need to scratch it.

Is there a decent, reasonably priced Chinese stopped melodeon worth considering?

What have been your experiences? Your suggestions would help.

MERRY XMAS.

Is there a decent, reasonably priced Chinese stopped melodeon worth considering?

MERRY XMAS.

You may want to ask this question on Melodeon.net (or is it .com?)

Edited by Paul Read

MERRY XMAS.

Parrots are still good (2 row)

Top line Ariettas (yes, there are top and bottom line Ariettas) are reasonable, and the bellows are actually very good (1 row, 4 voice).

But with chinese made instruments you are better off by buying from a reputable store, where they fix new shipment to playable condition.

Its also worth buying from a larger store for another reason. Quality can vary between individual instruments of the same model. If possible, tray as many as you can before handing over your cash.

MERRY XMAS.

I think the previous replies, though well-intentioned, missed the real question posed in your post.

What have been my experiences? I have used a decent, reasonably priced Chinese stopped melodeon for the purpose you mention and it did work. So it is worth considering.

However, a decent, even more reasonably priced Chinese bamboo backscratcher (such as the type carved and bent to resemble a monkey's hand) does an even better job.

The suggestion above of a Parrot (or 2 rows of them?) is also worth considering.

Good luck,

Paul

MERRY XMAS.

I think the previous replies, though well-intentioned, missed the real question posed in your post.

What have been my experiences? I have used a decent, reasonably priced Chinese stopped melodeon for the purpose you mention and it did work. So it is worth considering.

However, a decent, even more reasonably priced Chinese bamboo backscratcher (such as the type carved and bent to resemble a monkey's hand) does an even better job.

The suggestion above of a Parrot (or 2 rows of them?) is also worth considering.

Good luck,

Paul

There are Parrotts with two rows of buttons on them, believe it or not. Parrotts without buttons will not do any work, regardless of formation.

I have seen one row 2 voice, chinese made accordion with two fake stops. The accordion was a complete replica of some very old german instruments. The instrument was very good, better than Weltmeisters, in my opinion.

Four voice fancy inlayed Arietta with good bellows (and no parrotts), at, I think, $350(?), was tried by me at Kimric's shop in Oakland, Ca. A bit faster than it's relatives, somewhat quiet, easy bellows, solid made.

http://www.smythesaccordioncenter.com/

Give the guy a phone call. He will not answer emails.

Haven't tried Chinese back scratcher. Is it better than English made?

There's Russian made back scratchers, called "Kochergah". Solid steel!

MERRY XMAS.

Good luck,

Paul

There are Parrotts with two rows of buttons on them, believe it or not. Parrotts without buttons will not do any work, regardless of formation.

I have seen one row 2 voice, chinese made accordion with two fake stops. The accordion was a complete replica of some very old german instruments. The instrument was very good, better than Weltmeisters, in my opinion.

Four voice fancy inlayed Arietta with good bellows (and no parrotts), at, I think, $350(?), was tried by me at Kimric's shop in Oakland, Ca. A bit faster than it's relatives, somewhat quiet, easy bellows, solid made.

http://www.smythesaccordioncenter.com/

Give the guy a phone call. He will not answer emails.

Haven't tried Chinese back scratcher. Is it better than English made?

There's Russian made back scratchers, called "Kochergah". Solid steel!

MERRY XMAS.

Parrots are still good (2 row)

Top line Ariettas (yes, there are top and bottom line Ariettas) are reasonable, and the bellows are actually very good (1 row, 4 voice).

But with chinese made instruments you are better off by buying from a reputable store, where they fix new shipment to playable condition.

MY THANKS TO ALL FOR THE INFORMATION SUPPLIED. I play concertina and like the net, so I thought I would go fishing here first - having read so many helpful comments in the forums.

BEST TO ALL.....John

MY THANKS TO ALL FOR THE INFORMATION SUPPLIED. I play concertina and like the net, so I thought I would go fishing here first - having read so many helpful comments in the forums.

BEST TO ALL.....John

You might want also to check out:

www.irishdancemaster.com

Paul