Government Health Warning

I had a phone call tonight from a man who had been advised by a 'musical instrument repairer' to clean reeds by spraying them with WD40, (a light penetrating oil). He did not seem over happy when I explained the potential consequences of such a course of action.

I have seen where action pivots have been oiled and the build up of dirt and 'fur' was astounding, I shudder at what will happen on this instrument if it is not cleaned off some how.

As it says in the song 'take a warning here by me......'

I have deliberately posted this in the general forum, as I suspect most of the repair nuts are already aware of this particular form of concertinacide.

Dave

I have deliberately posted this in the general forum, as I suspect most of the repair nuts are already aware of this particular form of concertinacide.

Dave

Nobody here but us General Nuts :blink:

Hope I can manage to meet up with you again Dave while I'm over here in the UK rather than in Montreal!

Dave

Nobody here but us General Nuts :blink:

Hope I can manage to meet up with you again Dave while I'm over here in the UK rather than in Montreal!

Robin

good idea, I might even be sober enough to play this time. Look out for Mark Davis's Royal concertina meetings - a regular concertina Buff's meeting at the Royal, @ Dungworth in a village north & west of Sheffield. You can meet a number of C-nutters, Mark, Geoff Wright, Pete Dickey, and the Royal team, or drop me a note about your location and we can see what can be done.

Dave