Mícheál Ó Raghallaigh

Sharron

Darn it, I wasn't quick enough, and missed it! I don't suppose anyone downloaded it?

Cheers

Morgana :)

I did, but it is not so easy to replay. It is in Real Player streaming format. You need a programme called Streambox VCR to download it and change it to a more common format, and Streambox has been unavailable since Real Player sued them for making it possible. I have a copy which I used to download the stream but am having trouble changing it to a wav. It will have to wait as I am short of time, I'm cramming in as many lessons with Martha Clancy as I can before she leaves town.

regs

Chris

Hi Sharron,

Thanks for the tip off about this site. The fiddle playing this week is awesome!!

My problem is that I have a 56k modem link and the whole thing breaks up & grinds to a halt for a few seconds every few minutes! It just can't keep up.

Does anyone know of any sort of 'buffering software' which will even out my 'peaks and troughs' so I can listen without the glitches?

Now Safely on my Favourite Sites list ...Thanks

Dave

Hello everyone and I am pleased you enjoyed Martin Hayes if you missed the one posted. I did give a link to this show in a thread earlier saying not to miss Martin, unfortunately the site didn't put Micheal's name down as being on last week otherwise I would have posted that info too. I only found it while waiting to see if Martin's recording was ready to listen to.

I use a dial-up connection too and sometimes I have problems but only in the busy times.

To download and save directly to the computer I use Goldwave. I know absolutely nothing about it except it is easy to use and works. It was put on for me by my daughter. Then I can burn a cd if I want to.

If anyone needs to i can now :D give a step by step instruction on how to do what I do to put a recording onto the computer ready to burn.

I have recorded Michael's and the 2 women after him onto a cd. The quality is reasonable but not up to a bought cd, but better than a tape.

Sharron

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I found that late session show for download on the net:

Late Session with Micheál O'

Sound quality isn't good and it's over 22MB but I think Micheál's playing is well worth the wait even if you have a slow connection. Wonderful music!

Enjoy!

p.s.: My name is Claus, I'm new to this list, I'm German, my instrument is a cute little Wheatstone Linota with Rosewood ends. Just to introduce myself ...;)