Advice For A Beginner

Hello

I have just got hold of a rather tatty old Anglo - it is nothing special so I am happy to have a go with repair myself. I think that with a bit of TLC I can get it to some sort of worthwhile state as it isn't warped or cracked and the bellows are just about OK. I am a complete begginer regarding repairs but have reasonable skills in this sort of thing. I would really appreciate advice on

1. Fixing the small pieces of damage (holes) on some corners of the bellows.

2. Getting hold of some replacement pads / end bolts / bellows papers (I think that's what they are called - the decorative papers anyway - they look like bog standard Latchenal type). (and a rough idea of cost).

3. Getting broken reed replaced.

I live in Nottingham UK.

I suppose the answers to these determine if I go ahead with this.

Nick Murphy

Hello

I have just got hold of a rather tatty old Anglo - it is nothing special so I am happy to have a go with repair myself. I think that with a bit of TLC I can get it to some sort of worthwhile state as it isn't warped or cracked and the bellows are just about OK. I am a complete begginer regarding repairs but have reasonable skills in this sort of thing. I would really appreciate advice on

1. Fixing the small pieces of damage (holes) on some corners of the bellows.

2. Getting hold of some replacement pads / end bolts / bellows papers (I think that's what they are called - the decorative papers anyway - they look like bog standard Latchenal type). (and a rough idea of cost).

3. Getting broken reed replaced.

I live in Nottingham UK.

I suppose the answers to these determine if I go ahead with this.

Nick Murphy

Not very experienced with this myself but I've found the following useful resources............

The Concertina Maintenance Manual by David Elliot - available from lots of sellers

David Leese Concertina Spares - at this link - includes prices - I've bought from him and he's very good.

Also these links though I've not used them.....

Concertina Connection

Hobgoblin - see bottom of page

Suttner Concertinas

- W