As for Wim: I cannot believe what "is told" about Wim's attitude to folk music. How is it possible that Wim is putting so much effort, knowledge and even passion into an instrument that is very strongly related to folkmusic... his new range of Anglo Concertinas ???

Yes, that would certainly seem to be a lot of effort for a genre that one is assumed to have no respect for.

Hi Johan!

Your music is very well played and nice to listen to!!!

I'm Swedish and I play English concertina since October last year. It is a wonderful instrument. Around here there are very few concertina players too, but I play with other musicians, I haven't brought the concertina to any jams yet though. I also play fiddle and mandolin. I feel quite free with how and what to play with my Wheatstone, since I don't know anyone else around here who knows anything about playing the concertina. That's kind of nice.. :)

You are not too far from Skåne, you could come to the Scandinavian Squeeze-In!

For concertina-lessons (mainly English) in the Netherlands Pauline de Snoo is the name that comes in mind. As for Wim: I cannot believe what "is told" about Wim's attitude to folk music. How is it possible that Wim is putting so much effort, knowledge and even passion into an instrument that is very strongly related to folkmusic... his new range of Anglo Concertinas ???

I've never met Wim personally, only had a few contacts via email. It's not my intention to create a negative atmosphere around Wim Wakker. Therefore, the words I used were badly chosen. Besides that, a big part of my enthousiasm for the concertina is due to the instrument he made for me. And ofcourse I'm very thankfull for that.

Wim as well as Pauline excel in playing the english concertina and in the promotion of the classical repertoire.

The basic technique of the concertina seemed quite obvious to me. Push a button and sqeeze the thing!, or the opposite.

I got the opportunity to join this folkdancegroup and trying to keep up with them every week still proves to be a fine way of learning for me.

Besides that, there must be a huge experience in concertina playing on this forum and on the concertinanet site.

Johan

I agree with the suggestion above; it would be great to meet you at the Scandinavian Squeeze In in May if you can possibly make it. I really enjoyed last year's workshop on Dutch tunes from Henk, and it would be splendid to hear another Dutch player's take on their music. Also the chance to compare notes and instruments with other players is one not to be missed.

Cheers,

Chris