Can Anyone Identify Please?

nkgibbs

Looking at the pattern of the fretwork I would suggest it is a concertina made by George Jones.

Many thanks Mark, is this a unanimous verdict????

Yours,

Neil

I have a Jones just like that although I've just noticed that it seems to have Lachenal type action. I thought Jones instruments always had rivetted action.

Edited by Paul Read

Looking at the pattern of the fretwork I would suggest it is a concertina made by George Jones.

Looks pretty standard Jones to me.

Don't envy anyone the task of shifting those end bolts. :o I suspect they may well snap under little pressure.

Another thought - that much rust might hint at possible significant rusting to the reeds

Dave

Many thanks Mark, is this a unanimous verdict????

Yours,

Neil

I have a Jones just like that although I've just noticed that it seems to have Lachenal type action. I thought Jones instruments always had rivetted action.

Dear Mark,

Can I pin you down on this? Is the fretwork on your concertina exactly the same as the concertina that I pictured (and have now bought) above? You mentioned that Jones' action was always rivetted.......is the action on your instrument rivetted? If you answer postive to both these questions i wonder what i have bought? Help!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Neil