New Arrival

z30918605.jpg

It has arrived.

I wonder how many other members can order a concertina and just wander up to the workshop when it is ready for collection?

Anyway, it's powerful and strong and I can't wait for Morris practice next Tuesday to give it a go.

Also, by the way, I have it on very good authority....straight from the horses mouth in fact that Marcus' daughter hasn't recently divorced.

All the best,

Phil Edwards

One of the nice things about this forum are the periodic cries of joy when somebody gets a new (at least to them) and better concertina. It's a great feeling.

I didn't quite "just wander" up to the Dipper's workshop when my baritone was ready 7 or 8 years back, but it was only a 25 minute drive (a surprisingly long 25 minutes, it has to be said).

Congratulations on your new arrival.

Chris

Many congratulations Phil. Your Marcus looks beautiful. I hope it gives you years of pleasure. I got a new instrument about 4 weeks ago ( a vast improvement on what I had been playing previously). It has completely transformed my view of playing the concertina - it is so much more responsive and offers so many more options. I find myself thinking about it all the time. Have fun!

why did you order a G/D instead of a C/G? I'm looking at upgrading and am curious.

I already have a C/G concertina.........a 40 button beast that sometime in the past came over from South Africa.

I play for a local Morris side. Most of the time, they play in G...........and I wanted to play concertina in G with more options of playing some left hand chords at the same time.

Also it's significantly louder than my colonial concertina........and deeper. It actually sounds much like a clarinet in tone.

All the best,

Phil Edwards