Anglo Morris Players At Chippenham Ff

I'm still very much a learner on the Anglo, though I have asperations of becoming good enough to play for my Morris side at some point. I've seen a couple of Morris sides with English concertina players but have yet to see one with an Anglo player. As Chippenham is down the road for me I was wondering whether there will be any sides with an Anglo player attending the Chippenham Folk Festival in May, so that I can possibly learn a thing or two by watching them play.

Any info or recommendations much appreciated

The side I play for, Mr Wilkins Shilling, will be around on the Monday.

The lunchtime English music sessions on all three days at the Rose and Crown are among the best anywhere, but get there early (before 12) because they fill up fast.

In previous years West Country Concertina players have done things at the festival (I got my first concertina as one such workshop run by our very own Peter T), but I don't know if they are doing anything this year. In general, it is a pretty concertina-friendly festival.

Chris

As Chippenham is down the road for me I was wondering whether there will be any sides with an Anglo player attending the Chippenham Folk Festival in May, so that I can possibly learn a thing or two by watching them play.

I will be there, although on the concert stage, not playing for morris. However there is a chance they might have me down for an anglo workshop - I've not seen the schedule yet.

Brian

• 1 month later...
The lunchtime English music sessions on all three days at the Rose and Crown are among the best anywhere, but get there early (before 12) because they fill up fast.

I'm planning a day trip on the Saturday, and will attend the Rose & Crown session. Hope to meet a few Concertina.net members at the session, plus a few old friends. This will be my first time playing at a festival since 1995 :) , so don't expect me to know most of the tunes :unsure: !

For those who don't know me, look out for the Wheatstone C/G with dark blue bellows/hand straps and fancy bellows papers (work of art, by Rosalie Dipper).

Regards,

Peter.