Pierre Hooft

Regret to report Pierre Hooft passed away in Adelaide last night. He was in his 80s. He had been making and playing concertinas since the early 1980s. A retired jewellery maker, his workmanship was said to be superb. One less maker, a sad day...

Chris Ghent

Regret to report Pierre Hooft passed away in Adelaide last night. He was in his 80s. He had been making and playing concertinas since the early 1980s. A retired jewellery maker, his workmanship was said to be superb. One less maker, a sad day...

Chris Ghent

I am sorry to hear this. His concertinas have quite a reputation. During my visit to Australia in 2002 a visit to Pierre was on my "wish-list". At that time I could not fit it in the travelling schedule....

Ouch!! Pierre was a very kind man... We struck up an acquaintence after I bought a concertina from him a number of years ago... He called me out of the blue one day from Australia just to chat of things concertina... He loved the building process, and as I recall, his early concertinas took him a full year to make since he hand-crafted every part, except for the screws... He will be missed.