My Jack Baritone Is On Its Way!

Hooray!

I just bought a gently used Jack baritone from a fellow c-netter, with an expected delivery of Friday (but more reasonably Tuesday). I've been wanting to try English for years, and have been drooling at my monitor every time I go to the concertinaconnection site.

I am so excited!

Hooray!

I just bought a gently used Jack baritone from a fellow c-netter, with an expected delivery of Friday (but more reasonably Tuesday). I've been wanting to try English for years, and have been drooling at my monitor every time I go to the concertinaconnection site.

I am so excited!

What fun! Now you can play the baritone part on our shape note hymns at the Palestine Squeeze-in...especially the maudlin ones.

Hooray!

I am so excited!

What fun! Now you can play the baritone part on our shape note hymns at the Palestine Squeeze-in...especially the maudlin ones.

Congratulations

Reto

But I already learned the alto parts on the Edgley! (/end whine)

Although I'm wondering if Magnolia Waltz wouldn't be easier on the English. My Edgley doesn't have that low G# and it's really throwing me off. Well, it looks like I'll have time to try it out and see!

Edited to Add: Of course, it'd all be an octave lower than everyone else, but that's probably okay!

Edited by Rhomylly

But I already learned the alto parts on the Edgley! (/end whine)

Although I'm wondering if Magnolia Waltz wouldn't be easier on the English. My Edgley doesn't have that low G# and it's really throwing me off. Well, it looks like I'll have time to try it out and see!

Magnolia IS easier on the English, and I play it that way. Although you could just skip the G#. That was just an old Georgia fiddler who is putting some slides into it.

:) No whining on the hymns....you'll have the only baritone there!! :) We do have a (Wheatstone) bass player below you. I could spot for you on the baritone I suppose, since you normally sing alto...but think of the adventure of playing Evening Shade in a deep voice....

What fun! Now you can play the baritone part on our shape note hymns at the Palestine Squeeze-in...

Just curious. Isn't Palestine a long way to go for a Squeeze-In? I mean, I thought Sweden was a fair trek ...

Waiting's difficult, but if I had the hankering to play English it would be baritone.

Have fun.

Chris