Which Are Your Favourite Concertina Cds?

Morgana, I would have to say that my favourate concertina CD is Jacqueline McCarthy's 'The Hidden Note' for a number of reasons: one, it's not just a concertina CD, but shows the concertina in context with other instruments; sorry to say but although I love my instrument I don't think that listening to it as the focus instrument for 40 minutes or so is the best way to enjoy it! Secondly, this CD has some absolutely wonderful tunes - some of my very favourites - Mrs Ellen O'Dwyer's Fancy and The Blackbird to name just two. Lastly, the album being a family project is so obviously a very personel statement, a little insite into a family enjoying the playing of great music together - the way it should be.

So there's my choice, don't miss this one. Alan Caffrey.

The Sainted Mrs Bailey and I are just off to the recording studio with the rest of Aldbury Morris to record our new CD which will feature amonst others me on concertina and melodeon and Mrs Bailey's singing.

So our favorite Concertina CD for this Christmas will be "After the Brawl was Over"

Edited by Lester Bailey