My Right Hand?

chainyanker

as i posted in another post, i have a 22 button c/g and only intrested in playing hynms. im am a rookie at playing and reading music, and at 47 years old it wearing me out trying to figue yhese out by my self. i dont believe the old saying: you cant teach a old dog new tricks. got a lot of good advice i chould use, thanks. got a couple of church song books picked a few songs i wanted to learn. now the question, i noticed there are 4 set of notes, im playin the top set, these notes fit mostly on the left hand side, what do i play with the right hand? none of the notes fit in the scale on my right side. thanks

as i posted in another post, i have a 22 button c/g and only intrested in playing hynms. im am a rookie at playing and reading music, and at 47 years old it wearing me out trying to figue yhese out by my self. i dont believe the old saying: you cant teach a old dog new tricks. got a lot of good advice i chould use, thanks. got a couple of church song books picked a few songs i wanted to learn. now the question, i noticed there are 4 set of notes, im playin the top set, these notes fit mostly on the left hand side, what do i play with the right hand? none of the notes fit in the scale on my right side. thanks

Without seeing the notes in question it's hard to say - but have you thought of playing them one octave up? This will probably be higher than singing pitch, but will give you scope to put in some of the other parts beneath as you progress.

Samantha

Samantha, thanks for your answer. like i said im a rookie so this may seem dumd question, so forgive me if it is. are you talking about playing thesame notes as the left hand?

You say that you are playing the top line of the hymns, and all the notes fall currently under your left hand. I'm suggesting playing those notes one octave up on the right hand, instead, thus freeing up your left hand for the harmony parts. I.e. find the notes with the same note names that are on the right hand side of the instrument and play the tune on those ... Does that help?

Samantha

thanks i give it a try.

If you are playing in G - play on the C row instead of the G row - which will get you using your right hand for B upwards on the C row. Hope that makes sense!

Alternatively play both hands together in octaves Play right hand one octave above left hand - I think the sooner you do this the sooner you will build up skills of coordinating both hands which will make accompaniment easier as you progress.

Good luck :)