The Anglo Concertina Demystified - Bertram Levy

groeswenphil

Anybody else come across this book? I discovered it at a festival last Summer on the P J Music stand. Quite honestly, I forgot that I'd bought it, then came across it whilst tidying the car the other day. (Not that I constantly drive an untidy car, it's just that my car has loads of little nooky cupboards and hide-aways. I think it was designed for drug dealers).

Anyway, what a delightful book. Covers some quite unusual tunes as well as some of the old standards. Also, it comes with two CDs, so when you listen to them, it's almost as good as having a private lesson.

Well worth a look.

Phil

Anybody else come across this book? I discovered it at a festival last Summer on the P J Music stand. Quite honestly, I forgot that I'd bought it, then came across it whilst tidying the car the other day. (Not that I constantly drive an untidy car, it's just that my car has loads of little nooky cupboards and hide-aways. I think it was designed for drug dealers).

Anyway, what a delightful book. Covers some quite unusual tunes as well as some of the old standards. Also, it comes with two CDs, so when you listen to them, it's almost as good as having a private lesson.

Well worth a look.

Phil

One of the persons who has come across it is Paul Schwartz. It is worth noting that this is the very first book featured by our host on the Learning page. We need to add some of the recent tutor books and reorganize that page (what else is new), but some of the older books are there.

Anybody else come across this book?

... Also, it comes with two CDs, so when you listen to them, it's almost as good as having a private lesson.

It's not new, by any means. My copy came with a casette tape. :) Definitely a fine tutor.

The one advantage you should get from a private lesson that you won't get from any book/CD/DVD, etc., is the teacher being able to observe what you're doing and offer personalized constructive hints, e.g., "try to keep you left shoulder just as high as your right."