Help Required For New Player

Yena

Hi Everybody,

I am a new player of the concertina. I have a twenty button concertina which I purchased about 6 weeks ago. I have a general knowledge of music and I play the clarinet and keyboard. I have a book for the concertina showing what button stands for which key, but I would like to purchase a music book just above novice level. So far I have not been able to find anything in the music shops I have been to. Can anyone give me advice on where I might be able to get any.

Thank you

Yena

So far I have not been able to find anything in the music shops I have been to. Can anyone give me advice on where I might be able to get any.

Thank you

Yena

Welcome Yena to this forum. You could try Alan Day's free downloadable tutor. As far as I know there are a lot of tunes that can be played with a 20 button Anglo.

More info on tutors for the Anglo can be found at this website in the learning section.

have fun

Edited by Henk van Aalten

Hi Everybody,

I am a new player of the concertina. I have a twenty button concertina which I purchased about 6 weeks ago. I have a general knowledge of music and I play the clarinet and keyboard. I have a book for the concertina showing what button stands for which key, but I would like to purchase a music book just above novice level. So far I have not been able to find anything in the music shops I have been to. Can anyone give me advice on where I might be able to get any.

Thank you

Yena

Hi Henk,

Thank you for your help I have had a quick look at the websites, they certainly look of interest.

Cheers

Yena

There is a free CD which accompanies the downloads Yena.If you would like one, please Email me with your address and I will send it off to you.Just click on my name.

Good luck

Al

Edited by Alan Day

• 2 weeks later...

You may be interested in my program HARMONY, which can display and print tablature for Anglo concertinas.

It can read abc and MIDI files, so there thousands of tunes available.

You can easily edit or transpose them before making the tab.

It can also show the different possibilities available for some notes by playing across the rows.

A free trial copy can be downloaded from www.greenhedges.com