44 Key C / G Jeffries

Robin Harrison

I have owned this 44 key C/G Jeffries for over 25 years and now have to sell it to make way for another in a key more suited to my needs.

It is a very unusual anglo in that it has raised metal ends and is NOT a converted duet. The ends have very fine fretwork and the finish is polished chrome rather than the more usual dull finish. A collector in the States who has researched the Jeffries family and their anglos described it to me as their high end model.

It can be played chromatically although I have never done this (!!)

It plays beautifully with the rich and to my ear ,organ-like sound associated with Jeffries anglos.In the 25 years I have had it , it has only been played lightly…………it is in wonderful condition.

3 yrs I had Colin Dipper do a complete refurbishment on it and Rosalie made a new set of splendid 7 fold bellows. Last week I had the tuning checked on a digital tuner and it is in concert pitch. It is 5 15/16” inchs across the flats.Colin dated it between 1905-10.

I play English style but last week the repair person who checked out the tuning gave it to a experienced Irish style anglo player who was able to tear through the reels with it……it is very responsive.

Comes with a hard shell case.

Terms……3750 pounds payable with a bankers draft or British cheque(to clear before shipping) Shipping and insurance to be paid by buyer.Email me for photos or more info.