SOLD: Early Baritone English for restoration (Louis Lachenal?)

rcr27

I’m selling this rare, early baritone english concertina for restoration. I believe it’s a Louis Lachenal, but has a fretwork design that I’ve seen on Wheatstones from the 1850s. The serial number is 12814, it has brass reeds, and Lachenal’s hook and pivot action. 

It is in original unrestored condition, not playable at the moment, mainly because the leather around one of the corner of the bellows has “unglued” from the card, leaving two holes around the respective gussets. I believe this is curable and hopefully won’t require replacing the bellows, as they are otherwise in good condition. A missing end bolt and a loose action board frame needed re gluing back in place. Then, the usual pads, action, valves, tuning, thumb straps… No sings of warping. 

All in all, a nice and doable job for the right person. We’ll only know how good the reeds are once it gets restored properly; my other baritone also has brass reeds but sounds loud as steel… 

Price for this is £800, about 3 times less than its fully restored price. I am currently located on South Yorkshire, you’re welcome to come and see in person. Can ship nationally for £15, and abroad at the buyer’s expense. 

More photos and info available on private message. Thanks for looking. 

IMG_1739.jpeg

IMG_1744.jpeg

IMG_1743.jpeg

IMG_1740.jpeg

Edited by rcr27

Posted (edited)

These pieces of card were inside the bellows, they appear to have been cut from a poster advertising Louis Lachenal’s concertinas. 

IMG_1742.jpeg

IMG_1741.jpeg

Edited by rcr27
  • Like 1

• rcr27 changed the title to SOLD: Early Baritone English for restoration (Louis Lachenal?)