iso 30-button C/G Anglo

Angler

I am very interested in acquiring a very responsive 30-button C/G Anglo concertina with real concertina reeds on which to pursue my interest in Irish trad. I currently play a Morse hybrid, which I think is lovely. My recent research led to learning that makers of other fine instruments, like Suttner and Schlimm, have stopped taking orders, for the time being anyway. And, as an older relative newcomer, I am hesitant about getting into line for a two-year wait, if I could even find that line. There is a younger organization in Ireland called The Irish Concertina Company, but I don't know much about them except that they advertise waiting times measured in months, not years. I may be able to play one of theirs in the next week or so. 

I'm reaching out to this knowledgable community to see if any of you have some advice, feedback, or dare I say, a fine instrument you are no longer playing and for which you would like to find a good home. 

Many thanks for considering a response - best to all for a happy and healthful holiday season.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I listed a Kookaburra (Richard Evans) here a week or so ago. If you want the bright & edge-y (piquant?) sound that is currently popular in Irish Trad, I highly recommend the new, Czech-reeded instruments like ICC & 7mounts--they're doing nice wood and mechanical work! Now, if it happens you DON'T want as bright a sound, but still good response, may I offer you a Kookaburra? stefan