Introducing myself

Hello, folks, I have been orbiting planet concertina.net for years. Back around 2010, folks from here helped me transcribe a French tunebook from the 1930s. I didn't ask them. They just did it! But I've been tangential because I'm an accordion player who, though I started squeezing on the concertina, never stuck with that. Well, some months I was offered a Morse concertina for a very reasonable price. I said yes, and now I am a concertina player--no longer tangential! I've lurked here a lot, and invited you all to the Free Reed Liberation Orchestra, when we've had new projects, and I've been reading stuff here forever.

So, I'm planting my flag a little more formally. Thanks for being here. Good Lord I love playing (and singing with) my Morse. I might have to rename my blog.

Thanks, Gary Chapin

• Like 5

Welcome, I think you picked the right forum ( in my opinion).

I started on here a little while back and have not regretted it ( I also have my late father's button accordion as well as concertina, and lately  a Chalumeau).. so there is a mix of folk on here. All different backgrounds, views, and character ( as you will find out)😊😊

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SIMON GABRIELOW said:

Welcome, I think you picked the right forum ( in my opinion).

I started on here a little while back and have not regretted it ( I also have my late father's button accordion as well as concertina, and lately  a Chalumeau).. so there is a mix of folk on here. All different backgrounds, views, and character ( as you will find out)😊😊

Thank you. I am envious of your Chalumeau!

Envious of Chalumeau? Well, it is not a concertina, but has a reed of its own, and is very simply made of wood, ( keyless variety)..and that's all there is to it ( rest is up to you)! And when you first start playing one .. it takes a lot of breathe to make it play notes! 

Whereas concertina bellows do that job for you of course!🌝🌝