The Last Waltz (Oldboy) on Elise Duet??

Narvitopia

Hi all!

I’ve been trying to adapt this song to my Elise Duet and with only one B-flat and no E-flat on the Elise, and a pretty small range, I can’t figure out how to go past the first part and adapt it in some way. Here’s the song:

Any help or ideas would be amazing. Thank you!

Jeff

2 hours ago, Narvitopia said:

Never mind, figured it out!

I’m really interested in hearing what you came up with, as this piece covers pretty much an entire range of my 66b. Even the melody part stretches over the whole RH…

You should hovever be able to play the third part in full IIRC. Given it is similar to the first part, you can skip the range problem by playing the end of the third part in place of the ending of the first part. I sometimes do this by mistake if I’m not focussed enough.

There is no way however to play the middle part on anything smaller than 46 „standard” and it still requires crossing to the LH with the melody.

5 hours ago, Łukasz Martynowicz said:

I’m really interested in hearing what you came up with, as this piece covers pretty much an entire range of my 66b. Even the melody part stretches over the whole RH…

I was wondering the same thing.

A movie I watched many years ago, but remember enjoying very much. I hadn't thought too much about the soundtrack, but that song is bringing back memories.

Reminds me of Yann Tiersen and the Amelie soundtrack. It's in the key of B♭, I wonder if it's also doable on a C/G Anglo...

I would also really like to hear your arrangement :)