ID help, please

I have this concertina and have no idea what it is.  It appears to be airtight, all the notes play, but on one end of the box, it appears the lacquer has become cloudy with age, or was applied incorrectly during a renovation.  I don't play it and would eventually like to sell it, but need to know what the heck it is first!  Thanks.

jse_concertina-.jpg

jse_concertina--2.jpg

jse_concertina--3.jpg

Looks like an English style concertina to me; with the button layout on your photos.

A modern one [ Stagi made?]..  Bellows are brown, like my own [ which is and Italian made, Hohner branded, Anglo 30 key one I have owned since 1999].

It is not, by your photos, an antique; but doesn't mean it is not still useable, and playable.  That's all I can guess at about it at the moment.

I'd echo Simon here and suggest it's a Stagi English Concertina. 

It also looks like it was left in a window for far too long, or a heat source, or someone sanded one end of it (though I think this is a light/window issue) as there's some massive discoloration on one end of the instrument. The bellows too seem to be discolored. 

Id reckon UV exposure is the culprit, especially if it was in a music shop window for a while. 

Stagis are finished with nitrocellulose (aka. "nitro") laqcuer - the same stuff often used on guitars - and that bloom is the result of it absorbing some moisture before it was fully cured.  I do not think that there is anything you can do about it short of removing the old laqcuer and refinishing it.  You could try talking to a local guitar luthier to see if they have any ideas

Nitro is extemely flammable and has to be handled with care.