Air on the miniature D/A anglo Lachenal

wes

This video clip and the prior one on this miniature lachenal are played by a member of this forum, and done very well imo. I didnt ask him for permission to post them, but they are so well played that I couldnt resist.

5 hours ago, wes said:

Ken, I just see 2 different posting now. I think I did double post one of them. Thanks. 

They were both up earlier. Ken took one of them down.

5 hours ago, wes said:

This video clip and the prior one on this miniature lachenal are played by a member of this forum, and done very well imo. I didnt ask him for permission to post them, but they are so well played that I couldnt resist.

Whether or not we all agree on whether it’s OK to post a video of someone else’s playing without asking permission or to not identify said person, I think (hope) most would agree that if you’re going to do such a thing you should at least make it clear from the outset that it is not you playing.

4 hours ago, David Barnert said:

Whether or not we all agree on whether it’s OK to post a video of someone else’s playing without asking permission or to not identify said person, I think (hope) most would agree that if you’re going to do such a thing you should at least make it clear from the outset that it is not you playing.

If someone has posted a video to You Tube and made it public, they want it to be seen and heard. I had a You Tube channel for a few years and was always pleased to see how many views and comments I had received.  Why else would someone post a public video?  Posting a link to a forum increases the number of views, which is good for the video owner.

However, I do agree that if you post a link to someone else's video, it's probably fair to at least preface it with something like, "I found this on You Tube" or "This chap's channel is worth watching."

11 hours ago, David Barnert said:

6 hours ago, Mikefule said:

If someone has posted a video to You Tube and made it public, they want it to be seen and heard. I had a You Tube channel for a few years and was always pleased to see how many views and comments I had received.  Why else would someone post a public video?  Posting a link to a forum increases the number of views, which is good for the video owner.

However, I do agree that if you post a link to someone else's video, it's probably fair to at least preface it with something like, "I found this on You Tube" or "This chap's channel is worth watching."

Read what I wrote carefully. We do not disagree.

Huh. Obviously I posted the next day that it wasnt me playing on each clip, so why the picking about? "But but you didn't do it like we wanted".  Doubt if I'll ever post anything here again.