Old Concertina Band Recording

Hallo Al,

yes I am pleased to be here and see so much "action" taking place. I hav'nt been in a musical void, as such, but certainly been seperated from "Concertina life", other than the 14 years of living in Co. Clare that is.

I am now back playing EC almost full time because we needed a different sound in our local Limousin trad group. I had started to use my little treble to play with our neighbour's Chabrette (in A) and since I now have the loan of a wonderfull Baritone/Treble Aeola I am using that to add Viola and Cello sounds, between the Hurdy Gurdies/Cornemuses/Accordions which all use the G/C tuning in this area.

So between the Irish sessions and the French Bals, I am not getting time to play my Uilleann pipes or H/gurdies.

I cannot put faces to those names you mentioned, but I am sure I know them and am happy they are all well and look forward to a reunion.

Hi Irene,

Hospital visit...... I could do with one of those today, which is why I am on the web and not working.

The forth coming CD by Ralph.... wow, will that not be something to look forward to indeed.

Sorry there is nothing here from me on concertina band records, my memory does not have that piece of information.

Cheers,

Geoff.

Hi Geoff.

Mmmm memory is a funny thing...I started in 1975 not 1973, did I? Damn, will have to go and alter the sleeve notes!!

I have no recollection of playing "In the Mood" !!!Did I really? Very much doubt if I could play it today!

Yes indeed. Solo CD almost ready to go off to print. 17 tracks of audio delights.

Rest assured, I will be going into Hard Sell mode when it appears. (I'm a pensioner after all)

Will accept Euros...(In a wheelbarrow!)

I think you are wrong BTW as to when we last met. I remember watching you playing with Packie Byrne at Sidmouth one lunchtime in a garden? Late 80s' early 90s'?

No matter. great to be in touch again. Still bump into Graham Shelver from time to time. He's still playing

Will talk again soon.

Ralphie

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm memory is a funny thing...I started in 1975 not 1973, did I? Damn, will have to go and alter the sleeve notes!!

Oh no! Not again!. *bangs head against desk*:P

Opps! Ralph, have I upset the apple cart, sorry. It was after Joan and I got married (feb. 1975) that we had enough disposable income to speculate in the concertina market. It was in the hard winter of '75-'76 that we found the Ivory ended Wheatstone that is, I think, now in the Horniman collection. There is a nice little story in that one but for another day or another thread perhaps.

Geoff.

Opps! Ralph, have I upset the apple cart, sorry. It was after Joan and I got married (feb. 1975) that we had enough disposable income to speculate in the concertina market. It was in the hard winter of '75-'76 that we found the Ivory ended Wheatstone that is, I think, now in the Horniman collection. There is a nice little story in that one but for another day or another thread perhaps.

Geoff.

Hey Geoff. No applecarts upset (that I know of!) Yes I remember the Ivory Duet story...

It would be lovely to meet up again soon...Would be interesting to play some tunes together,

It's been a long time, and a lot has happened to us both. PM me with an address, and I'll send you a CD. It's your fault that I started playing the bugger anyway, so you desrve to be tortured!

Yo Dude...Ralphie