Wanted ≥30 button Anglo ~$1-3K in HI, MA, NH, SC, or VT

yrneH

Hi! I'm looking to step up from my Rochelle. Most interested high-30s button Jeffries layout. But I'd be surprised if that exists in my budget (preferably around $2K). Next preference is 30 button Jeffries (I've only played Wheatstone so far and am eager to experiment), next preference 30 button Wheatstone.

Hoping to hold before I buy. I'm in Hawaii, but it's a small pond here! Later this month I'll be in South Carolina and New England. If you're around there and have a concertina you think I might be interested in, I'd love to know!

Henry

Edited by yrneH
Typo

Hi yrneH

I have a 30 button C/G Lachenal that is in your price range. I paid $2500 in 2018. It is circa 1885, and fully restored.

I'm happy to give you more details if you are interested. I will be in Maine for a few days in late August, but live in central NC, which may be more convenient.

thanks 

919-224-9131

Hi D! That must be this 

What interesting extra air buttons. I guess that's one way to give the righthand pinky a little exercise! I'll message you directly to see if our paths could cross.

7 hours ago, yrneH said:

Hi D! That must be this 

What interesting extra air buttons. I guess that's one way to give the righthand pinky a little exercise! I'll message you directly to see if our paths could cross.

I would be curious to see what is on the reed pans under the pads of those two extra buttons. Maybe they used to operate novelty squeak/whistle effects that have been removed?

• 7 months later...