Two young players from Australia

On 2/6/2022 at 9:03 PM, David Barnert said:

Why am I not hearing any sound, here or on YouTube? I clicked on other YouTube videos and they played normally. Geoff obviously heard it. Anybody else having trouble?

Problem solved. An unusual problem at one end matched with the unlikely complementary problem at the other end, sort of like all the holes in the slices of swiss cheese lining up.

I had been listening in bed at night while my wife was asleep, so I used a pair of cheap airline earbuds and the right channel didn’t work. Turns out the video only contains the left channel, so anyone listening on a system with both channels working heard it fine. I could hear other videos fine because they contained both channels, but I couldn’t hear this one because the only working channel in the video went to my dead earbud.

Anyway, I’ve now listened with a pair of decent headphones and I agree. Fine work by the kids and Steve, their teacher. The song, “Bluebird on Your Windowsill,” was particularly enjoyable and reminded me of Steve’s own singing. The same tune, slowed to a waltz time, is known in these parts as “Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream.”

Edited by David Barnert
Typo