Merry Christmas! (And an Anglo arrangement)

Merry Christmas to all of you! In the spirit of the day, here's an arrangement for I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day that I just put together. This was very spur of the moment, but I found myself with a bit of time as the kids all scurried off to enjoy their gifts, and it just kind of clicked. There are some tricky fingerings in there, but it's all possible, I promise! I'm sure I'll post a video of myself playing it at some point, but that's a bit more than I'm going to commit to for today. Let me know if you find any errors or if you have suggestions for improvement.

I've got this in the key of G on my G/D concertina because that's a more comfortable range for my voice, but if you follow the same fingerings on a C/G it will come out in a better key for a mixed group of singers.

I_Heard_the_Bells_on_Christmas_Day.pdf I_Heard_the_Bells_on_Christmas_Day_CG.pdf

Edited by Steve Schulteis
Added C/G notation and fixed a cosmetic error in the G/D tabs
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gtotani said:

Thank you Steve for your wonderful arrangement. 

I could not resist myself from playing it on square Herrington "Hercules".

I believe some of you will get some idea how the tune sounds when played on C/G instrument. 

Oh fun! I've enjoyed seeing you play all the Christmas music on the Herrington. Thanks for having a go at this arrangement as well, even though it arrived a bit late in the season. I really love this song, and it's a lot of fun to play on Anglo - I'm a bit sad to set it down until next year.

• Thanks 1