Wren 2 button sticking

Hello, I just got a Wren 2 yesterday, shipped from McNeela in Dublin to the US, and as I was playing it, the D5/E5 key on the right seems to be sticking just a tiny bit. It's not enough for me to notice by feel, but when I play another note it stays open and just plays that note too. I got a care guide with the instrument that showed what to look for to fix it but I still can't figure out what's wrong with it after opening it up to look. I have a feeling it might be that it's got some friction against the side of the hole it goes through on the top plate, because when I pull on it just a little it comes back up. Is there anything I can do to try and fix it? I sent McNeela an email but they're closed until Monday I think. I'm nervous about tinkering with it too much since its so delicate and I'm so inexperienced, but I can at least open it up and look around it. 

Thank you!

Gentry,

Bad luck. Just sit back, relax and wait for the reply from  McNeela. 

Sticky button on Wren2 is a typical problem and McNeela should have solutions to offer to the customers.

Sending your Wern2 back to McNeela for refund and get a Rochelle (or Rochelle-2 (or Stagi))is another option.

McNeela offers money back guarantee for unsatisfied instrument, doesn't it? (I am not sure.) 

Totani

I think you may want to make sure the felt on the end of connecting rod covers the air hole for the key you've mentioned completely. Such a situation exists on every entry-level concertinas. You can adjust the rod, for example, bend it slightly to  reposition the felt, or you can replace the spring of the rod with a more strengthful one.

Edited by LazyNetter