wheatstone 56 key serial number 26226

rab

Thanks so much, that really is amazing , how did you find that out?I have been looking for so long .It was given to me by my father in law just before he passed away a few years ago and to be honest has sat in the loft virtually forgotten  about ever since , thanks again .

9 hours ago, rab said:

Thanks so much, that really is amazing , how did you find that out?I have been looking for so long .It was given to me by my father in law just before he passed away a few years ago and to be honest has sat in the loft virtually forgotten  about ever since , thanks again .

If it's an uninsulated loft, that's not an ideal place to store it - extremes of temperature and humidity swings may damage the woodwork.

On 7/19/2021 at 8:15 PM, rab said:

Thanks so much, that really is amazing , how did you find that out?I have been looking for so long .

Most of us concertina nerds here are aware of these Wheatstone ledgers, which have been available for almost 20 years. The pre-1900 ledgers have serial numbers by sale date, but they can be searched by using the lookup here . Some of the ledgers (~1891-1910) have been lost, but the ledgers starting from 1910 are in serial number order, see here for the full collection. So your question was pretty easy to answer!