1930’s Wheatstone 30 key concertina value

Koesie

Wheatstone #34435, it's on the very last page before the missing ledger volume would have started, so you're only just in luck to have a precise date, of 2nd March 1937, for that batch of fifteen 30-key instruments.

1096761384_Wh34435ledger.jpg.10104ffd0982d1b528a5b1bc858cfb8e.jpg

They were model No. 53 - "Mahogany [the cheapest finish], screwed notes, steel reeds, ivorine keys, five-fold leather bellows,including case" - according to my 1930's Wheatstone Anglo Price List, and cost £5 ,, 7s ,, 6d at that time.

Do all the sections have the same serial number Koesie, and what sort of bellows does it have? (Original/replacement, how many folds? Photos?)

And it appears to have the "hook action" that Wheatstone's started to use around that time, a few years after they took over Lachenal's, rather than the "riveted action" they had used previously - is that correct?

It's hard to place a value on these, especially since they don't come up for sale very often.  On the one hand, there were the cheapest Anglos in Wheatstone's line at the time.  On the other hand, pre-WW2 Wheatstone Anglos are desirable instruments now.  Condition is important too, though the condition of this one looks pretty good from the photos, though we don't have a photo of the bellows at this point.

I have experience with a slightly earlier Wheatstone anglo (33xxx IIRC), hook action, mahogany ends. It had "Linota" stamped on the handle. This may be less significant than in the earlier concertinas; my impression is that all anglos got this label in the 1930s at Wheatstone. That said, it was a reasonably nice instrument if not quite up to the level of the "golden age."

Our real experts will no doubt know more and whether I have the right impression.

Ken