Crabb Scam?

Paul Read

Chances are, they'll not respond.  Even I, an EC player remembers this picture.

I remember that one, since it was apparently born on my birthday (day AND year!), so I wanted it very badly!!!

As I remember, someone WITH ebay feedback was the buyer. Coincidentally, yesterday and the day before found me daydreaming about relocating it... but somehow I don't believe that this seller has anything other than digital pics of it in his possession...

-Andy

It appeared to be a scam last time and so I contacted the guy last February and got a reply from this address:-

Robert Dunst [dunst55robert@yahoo.co.uk]

Hi Pete -

Thanks for your reply .Date of manufacture is September 1972.I'm the original owner.It is in CG tuning.

The price is 600 pounds including shipping/insurance costs.For the payment i accept money order wire transfer.

Thanks and i'm looking forward to hear from you !

Robert

I strongly suggest that you keep well clear

Pete

It appeared to be a scam last time and so I contacted the guy last February and got a reply from this address:-

I didn't see that one -- the time I saw it (probably the original from which the pics were swiped) it was definitely sold by a legitimate seller -- one of the fellows in Australia (Vic, I believe). I do remember this specific instrument because of the date.

-Andy

edited to add: In case it isn't clear, I'm indicating that I believe this one was sold legitimately on eBay at an earlier date, and that, in my estimation, the current auction is not likely to be legit!

Edited by A.D. Homan

I sold this particular concertina towards te end of last year. The wording is the same I used when I listed it on eBay. This is definetly a scam as the person I sold it to does not live in that area. Also, you will notice that the Highest Bidder User ID is kept private. This is to avoid someone else like me to contact the bidders and warn them that this listing is a hoax.

This sort of thing is quite disturbing - I have just listed a 30 button W'stone and hope that potential buyers and bidders are not deterred by this sort of thing. Bad for business!! Vic