Lachenal Speak

Okay, so how do YOU pronounce "Lachenal"?

I know it's not a burning concertina issue, but I've heard it done two ways, and occasionally a member of one camp will correct the pronunciation of another. Since we are not normally a very stuffy crowd, this causes a bit of irritation.

I won't tell you how I pronounce it. I want to see which way the wind blows . . .

Thanks, Paul. I did a search of the forums a few times without finding it; I guess my searching skills need a little work!

By the way, according to this thread, I don't know anybody who pronounces it correctly. Yet.

:)

The question of the pronunciation of Lachenal reminds me of what a professor of botany told me about prounouncing scientific names. As long as the person you are speaking to understands what you mean, it doesn't matter how you pronounce it.

The question of the pronunciation of Lachenal reminds me of what a professor of botany told me about prounouncing scientific names.  As long as the person you are speaking to understands what you mean, it doesn't matter how you pronounce it.

Exactly the point I keep trying to make.

Doesn't matter whether you pronounce it "accordion" or "concertina", as long as you're understood. :ph34r: :)