R. Morse & Co. Albion English Concertina

Son_of_Leo

Okay so.

I don't know much about these things, nor do I know how to accurately gauge the price and value of these things, so I'm just guessing on a lot of these things.

From what I can gather, these things generally hold their value because not a whole lot changes with them.  In my world (eurorack modular synthesizers), I go for the 20% off of what I could get new if I am buying second hand.  It's usually a pretty solid rule, and has benefitted me pretty well (in that world, I don't know if the dynamics work the same way here -- maybe things appreciate with time?  That'd be nice!).

Either way, this is what the website says:

https://www.buttonbox.com/morse-albion.html

Obviously I'm not expecting $2,875 for this so I'll start with 20% $2300 and hope that I don't sound out of my mind.  If I do, someone please tell me and we can go from there!  I'm willing to entertain reasonable offers, suggestions, and would prefer to keep the convo public for honesty sake.

I'll also be happy to answer questions, post more pics (if the forum allows, there seems to be a cap on files), and even post a youtube video of me squeezing demos out for you (that would be honestly terrible and hilarious at the same time!).

IMG_7804.jpg

Sorry to have to reply to myself a bunch -- I could only upload one image at a time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The best I can say is that it really just needs a solid dust off and clean.  The leather has no cracks or abrasions, and the only sign of wear are on that one edge.

IMG_7808.jpg

$2300 doesn’t sound out of your mind.  Clearly, the instrument has been played, which in my mind is a good thing.  Bad instruments generally don’t get played. If someone wants to get a shiny new one for only $575 More plus shipping, they can do that.  

Hi Son_of_Leo and Stephen,

Stephen may have erratically replied to the notification Email (even though the Email explicitly states not to respond). @Stephen: When logged on to c.net, you need to click the little envelope symbol on the right hand corner, then navigate to the message in question and follow response instructions. If you hit respond to the notification mail in your email client, nothing will happen; the response will go into byte heaven and never be seen by anyone.

It's easy to fall into that trap. Some forum implementations therefore do not include the text of the message into the notification mail but simply inform you via Email that you have received a message, thus forcing you to explicitly log in to see the message.

@Son_of_Leo: You can verify whether the recipient has read the message in your personal messenger area by looking for the "read" timestamp (it will either say "not read yet" or give you a time stamp for the time the recipient has retrieved the message).

4 hours ago, RAc said:

Hi Son_of_Leo and Stephen,

Stephen may have erratically replied to the notification Email (even though the Email explicitly states not to respond). @Stephen: When logged on to c.net, you need to click the little envelope symbol on the right hand corner, then navigate to the message in question and follow response instructions. If you hit respond to the notification mail in your email client, nothing will happen; the response will go into byte heaven and never be seen by anyone.

It's easy to fall into that trap. Some forum implementations therefore do not include the text of the message into the notification mail but simply inform you via Email that you have received a message, thus forcing you to explicitly log in to see the message.

@Son_of_Leo: You can verify whether the recipient has read the message in your personal messenger area by looking for the "read" timestamp (it will either say "not read yet" or give you a time stamp for the time the recipient has retrieved the message).

Thanks!  I also sent him an actual email to his supplied address, so we shall see!

Appreciate the help on the matter ? 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, StephenTx said:

Hi I guess I should’ve asked a question do you know if it’s a baritone or tenor

Hi, Stephen!  I found a note saying that it was a "treble" Concertina!  Also, I tried emailing you a bit ago, but I don't know if you received it or not.