How About Spanish, Then?

bellowbelle

My daughter is a fan of the Columbian pop star Juanes. We went to his recent concert in Boston at the Orpheum -- it was a lot of fun!

My Spanish verbalization needs work...though, I am presently taking a Speed Spanish course (kinda flubbing my way through it, anyway).

This page: http://geocities.com/geranimom/inprogresspractice.html

will probably not remain a permanent link or file, but I just made it today so I can e-mail it to my daughter (who is much more fluent in Spanish than I am). It's of my latest practice session. Needs work, of course.

My Gosh...I don't think I could ever perform much in front of REAL people...thank God you are all only little pixels and stuff in my computer, since I'm such a fool!! :o

OOPS ... sorry... edited to fix the link. I'd left out the 'i' in 'cities.'

Edited by bellowbelle

My Gosh...I don't think I could ever perform much in front of REAL people...thank God you are all only little pixels and stuff in my computer, since I'm such a fool!!  :o

Muy bien Wendy. Su fuego español derretirá la nieve muy pronto! :)

Menciono su canción en la página de canciones registrada?

Muy bien Wendy. Su fuego español derretirá la nieve muy pronto! :)

Menciono su canción en la página de canciones registrada?

I THINK I've got this one figured out!! (I'm going to melt the snow in Spain very quickly? I think?) And I get the next line more definitely, about Menciono, etc..

Thanks, too. But...for the time being, please wait, don't yet include it, while I figure out more clearly the little annoying details of copyright law.

I am not worried about my web page and mp3 file as created so far, and I feel that I am within 'fair use,' and I am enough of a 'little people' that it's obvious I am not making money from the song or affecting its copyright. (And, I'll probably not keep it posted for more than a week or so.)

But, I hesitate to make it part of a more 'official' or permanent record (the recorded tune link page) because then it might be said that I used the song without permission, violated copyright, and all that. (Really, it would be odd if anyone cared in this case, I think, but...you never can tell!)

Copyright is always 'grey area,' in my opinion. But, I fear that if I lay down a 'permanent' record of me doing this current song hit that someone may choose to pick on me and make it a very UNgrey area!

Maybe someone here knows more about the copyright laws...USA ones, I guess.

As for the file as it is -- there are a few slightly 'off' spots where my fingers didn't hit the E-minor chord just right, but it was 'ok' enough so I left it that way, since I was having trouble enough getting through the song with no mistakes.

I transposed the song from E Major to C Major -- easier for me.

Hmm, well, I did remove my MP3 file and the links from my public page. Sorry about the 'false alarm' or whatever.

I am too bothered about some of the copyright details. I guess if anyone really wants to hear the file, e-mail me and I'll send it...but, hardly worth such pursuit, maybe!

Oh well...off to the Easter stuff, now...Happy Easter, to those of you who celebrate it. :)