Kensington C/G Anglo for sale

Bill N

This concertina is now sold.  A donation will be sent to concertina.net

Here’s your chance to buy a top quality, concertina -reeded instrument for the price of an accordion-reeded hybrid!

Kensington #33 (c. 2011): 30 button C/G with concertina reeds and Kensington layout (modified Jeffries). Note that this is a lighter instrument than earlier models.

I am the second owner. Fully serviced by maker after I purchased it.  Superbly engineered and built concertina, with a supple bellows, light fast action and beautiful tone.  The materials and construction make it very stable in the extreme swings of the North American climate.

It is well played in and accordingly does have some patina and a few minor nicks and scratches.  The previous owner must have played across his knee, which seems to have rubbed a bit of colour off the bottom of the bellows (see photo) but they are in excellent condition and very airtight. 

Comes with ergonomic hand rests which suit my average sized male hands, but you can exchange for a smaller set, and they are easy to change. Dana Johnson stands behind his instruments, and has been very responsive and nice to deal with.

Comes with a hard, blocked case with tools and spares. PM me for sound file. For more info go to Dana's website:   www.kensingtonconcertinas.com

$2,800 plus the cost of shipping and insurance. 

IMG_0138 2.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0145.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

Edited by Bill N
concertina sold

If this is Rosewood Cites II restrictions for international shipping certain woods, including Rosewood are going to be lifted on November 26.  I can;'t tell what wood this is at glance but it may need a permit before that date.   They did change the rules this year, effective Nov. 26, 2019.

• Thanks 1

For all of my overseas shipments, I include a complete list of materials used which I can provide others if needed.  None are cites restricted.  It is good to be aware of this though since not all customs officials know much of anything about materials.  Glad to hear they are lightening up on the rules though,  good intentions with some unfortunate side effects.

Dana Johnson

Kensington Concertinas

• Like 1