Will Moore

For sale - 1919 Wheatstone Linota G/D Anglo Concertina, Rosewood ends - fully restored

I am looking to sell my Wheatstone Anglo Concertina serial number 27962 -  made July 9th 1919, restored last year. This is from around what is known as the Golden Era of Wheatstone concertinas.

http://www.horniman.info/DKNSARC/SD01/PAGES/D1P1190S.HTM

Full resolution photos - here

I love this concertina, both to look at and to play, but sadly I've moved from England to Canada and I need to raise some funds to clear some outstanding debt from the move. The concertina has been restored and is in perfect working order - see below for more details.

- All woodwork refinished with a subtle French polish

- Button holes re-bushed

- Reeds touch tuned by Mark Lloyd Adey (link)

- BRAND NEW Bellows, again made and fitted by Mark Lloyd Adey, featuring vintage style gold foil papers (link)

- New leather, gold foiled hand straps with felt backing

- Custom made padded and blocked leather case included by Simon Brock  (link)

Looking for $5500CAD which works out to be about £3250GBP or $4170USD. Any shipping is at an extra cost (directly added from the shipper) and must include shipping insurance.

The concertina is located in Brantford, Ontario Canada and I am happy for you to come visit and play if you are interested. Will be nice to hear it played by someone who knows what they are doing for a change ;)

Any questions please do message me.

IMG_0361.jpeg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

P7070324.jpg

P7070325.jpg

P7070326.jpg

P7070327.jpg

P7070328.jpg

P7070329.jpg

Edited by Will Moore

Oh, that's a pity, Will, that you're selling your Wheatstone. I hope you have another 'tina to play and that you're just prioritizing things. Good luck with the sale; it's a beautiful instrument.

Christine

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Halifax said:

Oh, that's a pity, Will, that you're selling your Wheatstone. I hope you have another 'tina to play and that you're just prioritizing things. Good luck with the sale; it's a beautiful instrument.

Christine

Thank you Christine - I will own another in time I'm sure - just need to get the finances sorted first :)

• Like 1