Happy Valentine's Day!

His title is Saint Valentine (and he had to die to get it).

And his remains are claimed to be held (in an unopened lead casket) in the Carmelite church on Whitefriar Street in Dublin, Ireland, having been sent there from Rome in 1835 as a personal gift from Pope Gregory XVI.

On which basis it has been suggested that Dublin could "rival Paris as one of the top cities for love" :wub:, though I'm far from convinced otherwise ...

Happy St. Valentine's Day ! :)

Sorry folks. Didn't mean to be disrepectful. Over here political correctness has dictated that we no longer use terms that could freak someone out as far as religion goes: Christmas, is now the Holidays, poor ole Valentine has most certainly lost his sainthood and is now somethin' else altogether. The list goes on and on and on...

After being corrected several times about "pejorative religious terminology" by colleagues here at the job site, I (like most Americans) puts me head down an' say mostly nuthin'. Don't want to ruin the thread for it was offered in a moment of euphoria early this morning.

Let me re-phrase...I give my wishes for love and contentment to this group of people who are now very important to me while we still abide on the right side o' the grass! ;)

Edited by Mark Evans

Sorry folks.  Didn't mean to be disrepectful. ...

Let me re-phrase...I give my wishes for love and contentment to this group of people who are now very important to me while we still abide on the right side o' the grass! ;)

Thanks for the good wishes, whoever prompted them :D

(After all, we wouldn't want yer to get yer knickers in a twist over being PC)

Chris J (nearly a Cockney, but me Mum managed to move a few miles just in time !)

On which basis it has been suggested that Dublin could "rival Paris as one of the top cities for love" :wub:, though I'm far from convinced otherwise ...

Dublin (to the visitor but perhaps not the resident) is a beatiful city, and the Liffey is a majestic site running through the centre. It's just a same that it iss also full of articulated lorries making for the port! It's worse than London for traffic!

I'm wid you on the chocolate Helen. I snuck off yesterday an' bought a toe sack full of all kinda Lindt chocolate. Up at 4 this morning an' piled the table high. Along with hand painted cards for each member of my family 'ceptin Obi 'cause he's showed no signs of bein' able to read (no chocolate for him either, but several petit beurre cookies and a very nice walk).

There has been feasting on this drug chocolate all day by the look of decimated remains atop the table. Flushed faces, grins and general bouncing off the walls!

Huzzah! I've done it yet again.