Sign in to follow this  
~Sarah~

Are There Any Concertina Players In Lincolnshire, Uk?

I used to go to Chiltinas (in Bedfordshire) once a month for a lovely afternoon playing music (from the dots) with other concertina players.

Last year I moved to Louth in Lincolnshire and so far I haven't found a similar group. I would very much like to set one up (if there is not already something running) so wondered if there were any players who may be interested in meeting up once a month.

I suggest you contact the organisers of the Squeezeast event:

http://www.squeezeast.org.uk/sq17.php

Their annual event is held in Stamford and there may well be some locals involved.

Good luck

Thanks John. I have been to Squeeze East a few times - it's a great event. Last year I asked if there was anyone from the Lincolnshire area, but there wasn't. I think people come from far and wide to attend Squeeze East.

I live in Long Bennington between Grantham and Newark. I play Anglo. There is a Midlands Concertina Group that meets twice a year in Nottingham. Next meeting late March.

I live in Long Bennington between Grantham and Newark. I play Anglo. There is a Midlands Concertina Group that meets twice a year in Nottingham. Next meeting late March.

Many thanks. I will try to come along to that.

If you are not already a member of the International Concertina Association, I would recommend joining. See www.concertina.org

Whther you join or not, I would suggest sending your question to the newsletter editor, Pauline De Snoo, to include in a future issue.

Pauline can be found in the members of these forums. Alternatively, send an email to newsletter@concertina.org

Regards,

John Wild.

The YORKSHIRE CONCERTINA CLUB meet on the third Sunday of the month in Leeds.

See here : – http://www.yorkshire-concertina-club.org.uk

The location is MOORTOWN in north Leeds so may be too, too, far for you. ( 100m?? )

It's a daytime session, 12:00 – 17:00.

I just throw it in for your consideration.

Do I go?? No, I'm in Beverley, East Yorks and I've never been even though it's only about 55m.

If there is no response from Lincolnshire players here you could try an appeal on Mudcat Cafe here : –

http://mudcat.org

regards

Jake

Edited by Anglogeezertoo

If you are not already a member of the International Concertina Association, I would recommend joining. See www.concertina.org

Whther you join or not, I would suggest sending your question to the newsletter editor, Pauline De Snoo, to include in a future issue.

Pauline can be found in the members of these forums. Alternatively, send an email to newsletter@concertina.org

Regards,

John Wild.

Many thanks John. Yes, I am a member of the ICA so I will send a request to Pauline to include in a future issue.

I do go along to a local weekly pub session, but they all play by ear and I need the dots! I take my ipad so can join in with them. I would really like to be playing with other concertina players though.