Duet Concertina- Mini Uk Tour

I have a mini UK tour next week that might interest concertina players- whatever system you are into.

I'll be playing an eclectic choice of material from some of my own compositions, west country songs, English, Irish and Scottish folk, twenties jazz, through Jimmie Rodgers, The Louvin Brothers, Hank Williams, Richard Thompson, Randy Newman......all accompanied on Crane duet concertina. Be good to meet other players- particularly other duet squeezers ( I know there is at least one at the first gig.)

Tues, Jan 26 - My second solo gig at BRADFORD-ON-AVON Folk Club (WILTSHIRE) , The Swan Hotel cellar bar.

Weds, Jan 27 - First visit to SHEFFIELD (YORKSHIRE),NETHER EDGE Folk Club ( at the bowling club).

Thurs, Jan 28 -Second visit to BRADFORD (YORKSHIRE), TOPIC Folk Club, Gylde House, Bradford.My last gig there was with our family band when the three boys were all young teenagers- it must have been about 24 years ago.post-778-0-85898700-1453480712_thumb.jpgpost-778-0-51085800-1453480757_thumb.jpgpost-778-0-24410300-1453480672_thumb.jpg

Geoff

Is there any chance that you could get the sound man at any of your gigs to take a live recording that you could make available to the poor benighted amongst us that simply cannot make it to one of your gigs?

Even better, a video on Youtube?

Geoff

Is there any chance that you could get the sound man at any of your gigs to take a live recording that you could make available to the poor benighted amongst us that simply cannot make it to one of your gigs?

Even better, a video on Youtube?

DON- thanks for your interest. There are four or five videos if you Google "youtube Geoff Lakeman" hey'll pop up. There might well be others( taken by other people) elsewhere on the net, but these few are reasonable quality, done in one of my sons' studios.I've just seen someone else has posted one of these videos after your post here.

Geoff

Thanks, I have watched your Youtube videos many times and I really enjoy them.

But... Your fans around the world want more!

Any thoughts of a CD? You can have your kids and their wives on board. I would sign up today for a Lakeman Family project CD.

Don.