I'm Stuck!

lkj

Newbie request:

In Southern California, I've not found tlc for my Wheatstone 48 button English tina #26986. Acquired over a decade ago, tumbled into the dark and only recently rediscovered, I find many of the reeds are stuck. I'd like it to have a proper tune up. Can any one point me to the proper person.

By way of introduction,

Lindsey Jackson is the name. Very late of the Dogwatch Nautical Band of San Francisco. Now married and settled and missing tunes, I'd like to rekindle my relationship with the music.

Hi Lindsay,

I used to listen to Dogwatch at the Shantey Sing on the Balclutha about 7 years ago. There was a woman in the group who played the right hand side of a duet concertina. Was that you? As for tuning etc. I have always used the Button Box in Amherst, Mass. They do a great job and are very helpful. By the way I'm thinking of going to the next Sea Music Festival in SF next year maybe I'll see you there. Howie Leifer

• 1 month later...
Hi Lindsay,

I used to listen to Dogwatch at the Shantey Sing on the Balclutha about 7 years ago. There was a woman in the group who played the right hand side of a duet concertina. Was that you? As for tuning etc. I have always used the Button Box in Amherst, Mass. They do a great job and are very helpful. By the way I'm thinking of going to the next Sea Music Festival in SF next year maybe I'll see you there. Howie Leifer

I was one of the guys (ah the unisex name again...) and mustered out quite awhile ago. You might have seen Claire, if she was playing with them at the time.

Edited by lkj