35-Key Tenor New Model In F

david robertson

These tenors are rare instruments, By switching the B's and Bb's, and having Db's instead of D#'s alongside the D's, they enable you to play a fifth below a treble, but with the same fingering. (For a fuller explanation, see this thread.)

This one has just emerged from a comprehensive restoration, with new pads, valves, springs, bushings and straps. The woodwork has been stripped and French polished, the bellows re-bound, and the reeds tuned to modern concert pitch. (No case, I'm afraid.)

The lower pitch makes the tenor a lovely instrument for a singer, or for playing with fiddles. I also have a customer in California who says his F tenor sounds wonderful with the Northumbrian pipes!

I'm looking for £1850, and will always consider offers and trade-ins. But please, no magic beans.

• 1 month later...

After much dithering I finally committed to purchasing the above concertina, which arrived today.

I have to say that David has done an incredible job. It looks like new, or possibly better than new (that's a little before my time!). David's attention to detail is just staggering. Aside from the looks it has a lovely tone for song accompaniment.

Now, I just need to locate a Northumbrian Piper!

Thanks David.

After much dithering I finally committed to purchasing the above concertina, which arrived today.

I have to say that David has done an incredible job. It looks like new, or possibly better than new (that's a little before my time!). David's attention to detail is just staggering. Aside from the looks it has a lovely tone for song accompaniment.

Now, I just need to locate a Northumbrian Piper!

Or a French horn player? Bring it to the ACE in October. Samantha plays the horn. ;)