How Accidental Was Your Choice Of System?

Well, now that I know what a Hurdy Gurdy is I happy for the confusion. I've seen a few on You Tube (never one in person, so to speak) and certainly never one in concert. What a daunting experience that would be, or would have been. If anyone has seen a Hurdy Gurdy player in action while chewing gum that would be treat -- tongue in cheek. :rolleyes:

I did not even know there was a difference when I picked up an old salvation army leather ferret from a jumble sale 40 years ago. Then found out it had the two notes on each button the same as my wheezy old GDR single row melodeon. It was in old tuning so I exchanged an old banjo with a repairer and had it done up in G/D. It stayed on my shelf for years with the occasional tinkle, had a mad clear out and swopped it for an old Harley Davidson. Years later I grew up and exchanged the Harley for a caravan and some money over to get a stagi so I could take it on my caravan holidays and tinkle away on the box.

Trouble is my mind wanders more than my body. But yes always guaranteed an audience when I sit on the step and play a few tunes at a campsite. All the usual 'my granddad had one of those' or 'we've got one of those in the attic' remarks. I gradually stepped up over the years and now play a connor, But also being a shhhh. melodeon player, also a lazy up and down the rows player, the C/G aint my bag and I would like to go back to G/D.