Restored Lachenal "inimitable" For Sale

david robertson

Here's a nice example of Lachenal's pretty rosewood treble, fully restored with new 6-fold bellows, new pads, valves, bushings, dampers and straps, and newly French polished woodwork. It has been tuned to modern concert pitch, and comes with a scabby old Wheatstone square leather case, minus strap. I'm looking for around £1300, but you could always try an offer and see how generous I'm feeling! And of course, if you're within striking distance of Norwich, you're welcome to come and have a squeeze.

As some of you will know, I'm very fond of this "family", having a very nice ebonized "Excelsior" with a very special (both mellow and bold) tone and balance myself which is likewise suitable for song accompaniment as it is for playing tunes.

This rosewood "Inimitable" may or may not have exactly the same longer scale reeds, but I would at least recommend giving this 'tina a try. These "old model" Lachenals can be quite unique instruments not just regarding the lovely looks...

Best wishes - Wolf

Edit: New six-fold bellows positively counts as "pro" here as the air supply of the original five-fold bellows of my Excelsior is hardly to be rated as exessive... :D

Edited by blue eyed sailor