Dan Worrall On The Radio

Tune in to listen live Wednesday or do the podcast for the show. The program is called the West Wind. If you have Apple IOS there is a Clare FM app, same on Android platform. The show runs from 7 to 9 PM in Clare, so east coast United States is 2:00PM.

Listen to Clare FM The West Wind Wed night. Interview with Dan Worrall about the exciting new cd "Clare Women and Mrs O'Dwyer's old German Concertina"

Well, let's just say I write a bit more comfortably than I speak! You can get more detailed information on my website about the project, which is now complete: www.angloconcertina.org . The one reason to listen to that podcast is to hear Angela Crotty and Josephine Marsh play two German concertinas together....now that is a sound that is very rarely heard!

The CDs are being printed today in Clare and will be ready for the launch at the Cruinniu next week. The six great Clare ladies (Angela, Josephine, Ann Kirrane, Mary MacNamara, Dympna O'Sullivan, and Jacqueline McCarthy) have done some really marvelous work on Mrs O'Dwyer's old German concertina, and I hope you find the booklet insert interesting. I'm sure some of the regular outlets, like Custys in Ennis and the Button Box (and, I hope, Stephen Chamber's 'J McNeill's' music shop in Miltown Malbay?), should have copies in coming weeks. It is all for a good cause, supporting the Oidreacht an Chlair in bringing about these annual Concertina Cruinnius.

Edited by Dan Worrall